Genius Fund is a $40 million private equity fund located in Venice, CA. We are focused on complete vertical integrations in breakthrough industries. Our partnership team is comprised exclusively of serial founders and entrepreneurs and through this experience we understand what it takes to build a successful company.
The Financial Analyst position is responsible for providing financial planning and analysis support to the Managing Partners of the Fund. The position requires an individual who is well-versed in the use of financial analysis tools and techniques and is knowledgeable about the software industry. The principal objective of the position is to help drive financial and performance reporting, build revenue and cost models to determine business success and provide sound financial analyses and tools that guide better management decisions.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Provide financial reports and analysis to ensure that the senior team has the information and understanding needed about the business to make effective decisions.
- Provide financial analysis in support of new products and opportunities. Also, support the teams by providing financial performance measures and analysis for their businesses.
- Build financial models for the company to support new initiatives, analyze various scenarios and drive innovative thinking.
- Maintain company dashboards and provide ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Partner with senior management team to provide financial models, support, and insight in creating the strategic and financial plans.
- Conduct financial reviews of the company’s monthly performance for the senior management team, CEO, and others as needed.
- Provide support for development and updating of the sales, revenue and expense forecasts.
- Provide financial analysis, variance analysis, and budgeting support throughout the company.
- Develop and implement financial and operational systems and reports to monitor and evaluate performance.
ABOUT YOU - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related area
- Minimum of 2 years of financial analysis, reporting and planning experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Excel guru
- Working knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Detail-oriented and good organizational skills
- Great problem solving and analytical skills
- Accounting software experience
- General knowledge of accounting standards and reporting
- Ability to manage time well and multi-task
- Ability to work independently and cohesively with others
- Ability to meet internal and external deadlines